We have split the FAQ's into 5 sections - please click on the relevant link to see those questions.
About the cover
About the company
About the site
Problems opening or receiving documents
About your payment plan
About your payment plan
- 1) What is premium finance?
- Thistle Insurance Services Limited provides premium finance which allows you to help spread the cost of your insurance. We as the finance loan provider pay the premium to the insurer in a lump sum and then collect monthly repayments from you, which include a credit charge.
- 2) How does it work?
- If you are dealing with your insurance provider by telephone or the Internet, they will collect all the necessary details and set up a Direct Debit in your name and send the information to us. This is why the name Thistle Insurance will appear next to the Direct Debit entry on your bank statement rather than the insurance company's name. We will then email you a welcome pack within a few days to confirm the amount of each monthly payment and when we will be collecting them from your bank account. This will include a copy of the Pre-contract Credit Information which we advise you to read. Please contact us immediately on 0345 450 6397 if any details are incorrect. You should print off, sign and return a copy of the credit agreement to us. We will then collect the agreed number of monthly payments from your bank account.
- 3) What if I no longer require the insurance?
- You need to contact us to discuss the cancellation of your policy. If the terms and conditions allow the policy to be cancelled we will then calculate any rebate due or payments owed on your payment plan.
- 4) If I renew my policy after a year can I continue to pay my premium by Direct Debit with Thistle Insurance Services Limited?
- Yes, you can. Full details will be issued with the renewal documentation from Thistle Insurance Services Limited. In most cases your policy will be arranged to automatically renew however you should still review the renewal documents to make sure the policy continues to meet your needs. We will write to you to advise you of your new monthly payment schedule
- 5) What happens if I miss a payment?
- If you miss a payment we will contact you to try to rectify the situation. It is important that you keep up with your payments to ensure that your credit agreement and insurance cover remain in force. If you have any payment difficulties, you should contact us immediately on 0345 450 6397.
- 6) What if I default on my agreement?
- If you fail to make your required payment after our attempt to rectify we will issue a default notice. This will give you up to 14 further days to make payment before your agreement will be terminated. Please bear in mind that your insurance cover may be cancelled if you fail to make your monthly payments.
- 7) What if I want to pay off my loan early?
- Please call 0345 450 6397 or email us email@example.com and we will be able to advise you. Please ensure you have paid off your loan in full before cancelling your direct debit agreement.
- 8) Can I pay off any balance by credit card?
- Yes. We accept most major credit and debit cards. Please call 0345 450 6397 to make arrangements to pay by card.
If you can't find an answer to the question you're looking for, submit your question and email address and we'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible with the answer. (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only)
Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory.