Have a question about our cover?


Choose a topic below to find out the most frequently asked questions.

Do you only cover UK residents?

Yes. You must be a UK resident and domiciled in the UK.

What information do you need to start my cover?

We need some details about you and the pet you wish to insure together with either bank account or debit/credit card details for payment of the premium.

What is the minimum/maximum age for a pet to be insured?

Your pet must be 2 months old at the start date of cover. There is no maximum pet age to apply for this insurance.

Do you insure working dogs?

Yes we are able to cover working dogs. This would include a dog that is being used for shooting, hunting or working with livestock. Also a dog that performs tasks to assist a human companion, including therapy dogs. 

Do you cover crossbreed pets?

Yes we are able to cover a crossbreed cat or dog.

Is there an excess on this policy?

Yes there is an excess you will need to pay in respect of each illness or injury for which you wish to claim each year. These are as follows:

Veterinary Fees – for each illness or injury arising during each period of insurance your excess will be:

For pets under 8 years of age at time of treatment – The first £100.

For pets older than 8 years of age at time of treatment – The first £100 plus 20% of the remaining cost of treatment.

Holiday cancellation – The first £75 of the claim.

Accidental damage to third party property – The first £75 of the claim.

Accidental damage to pet accessories – The first £50 of the claim.

Emergency expenses – The first £50 of the claim.

Third Party Liability – The first £250 of property damage claim. 

Do you insure guard dogs?

No, sorry – we cannot cover pets that are used for guarding.

Do you insure pets used for breeding?

No, sorry - we cannot provide cover for pets that are used for breeding. There are special policies for their risks and we suggest you speak to your vet or local insurance broker for help finding suitable cover.

What is Public Liability cover?

Public Liability - also referred to as Personal Liability or Third Party Liability - provides cover against injury to someone or damage to property caused by your dog for which you are legally liable.

Are there any breeds of dog that you are unable to insure?

Unfortunately, we cannot cover (whether pedigree, cross breed or mixed breed) any of the following: Dogo Argentino, Fila Brazillero, Japanese Tosa, Pit Bull, Shar-pei, Wolf or Wolf Hybrid dog and any animal registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and The Dangerous Dogs (Northern Ireland) Order 1991 or any subsequent amendments.

Am I covered to take my pet abroad?

Your pet can be covered abroad if you select the Overseas Travel cover.

Overseas Travel can be a useful option if you are planning to take your pet on holiday with you. This allows you to travel with your pet to anywhere in Europe (including Channel Islands, Isle of Man & the Republic of Ireland) for up to 60 days at a time.